This church belonged to the Abbey of Mas d'Azil through a donation from a certain Amélius, around 1085. The porch and the bell tower are from this period. The reconstruction of the rest of the building and the murals are from the 15th century. The Romanesque bell tower is a wall bell tower. The southern part of the front porch is occupied by a small oratory with a ribbed vault. The largest part of the painted decoration covers the entire choir and the north wall, the latter being a remnant of the first Romanesque construction.